COVID Safety Policies
St. Stephen’s has a culture of care. We are focused on keeping everyone safe in church.
St. Stephen’s COVID Protocols
Our Regathering Task Force met this past Sunday to reevaluate our policies. Starting on Sunday, March 13, 2022, we will begin offering a mask optional worship service at 8:30 AM. The church will begin offering hospitality after worship services, beginning outside, and masks will not be required. Church staff, including the choir, will continue to mask. Also, the common chalice will be used again at both Eucharists with options to drink, intinct or to abstain.
As of 2.22.2022, masking outdoors on the St. Stephen’s campus is now optional. We are no longer limiting the number of people in the nave and are no longer closing off pews to parishioners.
As a reminder, our Regathering Task Force has been guided by our shared principles since the beginning. We reaffirmed this principles of our culture of care in our meeting on Sunday.
– Each person in our community, from the babies to elders, is created in the divine image and the health and well being of every one is important;
– Our questions of practice draw on science, whose methods test and change according to new discoveries;
– We are called to serve our parishioners, school families, staff, and broader community with policies and practices that make for the wholeness of all;
– We foster relationships by setting a culture which honors the needs of others;
– We believe that the Holy One sustains us with hope in times of fear and change;
– We anticipate a future where we will all come together alive and well.